Whether you are celebrating alone, with your partner or your family, these Valentine’s Day dinner ideas will make your heart skip a beat. There’s nothing better than sharing a delicious meal with your loved ones from the comfort of your own home. So, if you are wondering “what do I make for Valentine’s Day dinner”, we’ve got you covered! We’ve put together some of our favorite recipes that are super easy to follow.
For everyone who prefers a cozy night in, here are our favorite Valentine’s Day dinner ideas.
Shrimp and Scallop Risotto
- 2 tablespoons Iyia Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 bag of Shrimp and Scallop Mix
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add a small drizzle of olive oil. Add the shrimp and scallop mix, season with salt and pepper. Set aside once cooked.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the chicken broth and set aside.
- Over medium heat, drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add rice and stir until combined, season with salt.
- In batches, begin adding warm broth ½ cup at a time, making sure the broth is fully absorbed before adding the next batch. Once broth is done, add 1 cup white wine and simmer, stirring occasionally until fully absorbed and the rice is soft and creamy.
- Stir in the grated parmesan cheese, the shrimp and scallops and the parsley and enjoy!
Filet Mignon is one of the most tender cuts of beef you can buy and doesn’t require any fancy seasonings. If you’re a steak lover, this cut is perfect for a Valentine’s Day dinner.
- Remove steaks from fridge and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season steaks with Nóstimo Steak Spice on both sides.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of Iyia Olive oil. Place the steaks in the hot pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Place the steaks in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes. For medium rare, cook until internal temperature reaches 125°F or 130°F for medium.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Sweetheart Chicken Pot Pies
Looking for something fun to make for your little ones? These heart-shaped chicken pies are kid-friendly and perfect to serve for your little loves on Valentine’s Day.
For the filling:
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped in small pieces
- ¼ tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
For the pastry:
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To make the filling: In a bowl, combine all filling ingredients and mix. Set aside.
- To make the pastry: In a bowl, mix the flour and salt. Add in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly add the cold water and stir until the dough holds together.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until about 1/8 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out hearts.
- Place half the hearts on a lightly greased baking sheet. Top each heart with 2 to 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture. Cover with the remaining hearts. Using a fork, press the edges together to seal the hearts.
- Using a pastry brush, brush egg wash on the hearts. Bake for 17-18 hearts or until golden brown.