Hello Amgavores! Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe to incorporate into your diet? This pan seared salmon with a lemon butter sauce is packed with flavour and is ready in just 15 minutes. Salmon is a great source of protein and has so many health benefits. It’s rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and is an excellent source of several B vitamins. We recommend eating at least two portions of seafood a week, check out our wide variety of seafood here.
- Fresh salmon
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- On medium heat, drizzle extra virgin olive oil and add butter. Once the butter is melted and bubbling, place the salmon pieces skin side down and cook in the oil and butter until lightly golden brown. Leave undisturbed to allow the skin to get nice and crispy. After 5-8 minutes, flip the salmon pieces over. Continue cooking until the butter is nutty brown.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and add your shallots. Once the salmon is cooked through, remove from pan.
- Add lemon juice and heavy cream and cook sauce until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once sauce has thickened, add the chopped parsley. Pour sauce over salmon and serve.