Welcome to our very first cooking show – Cooking Chez Vous: Let’s cook, eat, and be happy! Our first guest is Priscila Stuart, a recipe developer and cooking teacher in Montreal, Quebec. Watch as she shows us how to make a delicious platter of Lamb Chops with charred tomatoes and a quick chimichurri sauce. Enjoy!
- 10 lamb chops
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp pink pepper corns
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 1 tsp flake salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4-5 garlic scapes or 2-3 cloves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Wash the herbs, tomatoes, lemon and garlic scapes. Zest and juice the lemon, chop the herbs, mince the garlic, set aside. Either using a mortar & pestle or an electric grinder, coarsely grind the coriander, salt, pink & black pepper together.
- In a large bowl, add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, the ground spices, 2 tsp of lemon zest, 1 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp minced garlic and mix together. Add the lamb chops making sure to coat them with the marinade on all sides. Let rest at room temperature at least 10 minutes before grilling.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Grill the lamb chops for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. For medium chops, internal temperature should be between 130 to 135°F.
- Add the tomatoes to the bowl with the leftover marinade and then sear them in a hot pan until they blister and char.
- To make the sauce, add the chili flakes, herbs, remaining lemon juice and zest, garlic and extra virgin olive oil into a blender and mix until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve everything family style on a big wood board or add a bit of sauce, three or four chops and some tomatoes on individual plates
Videographer: Vito Montesano