Welcome back Amgavores! We’re so excited to share with you our next episode of Cooking Chez Vous. Our guest is Zina Fiore, a recipe developer, virtual cooking teacher and home cook in Montreal. Along with her sister, Antoinette, they will be showing us how to make an authentic Italian Chicken Parmesan and a quick and easy smoked salmon appetizer. Andiamo in Italia!
Chicken Parmesan Ingredients
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 8 to 10 large eggs
- Shot of white wine
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 8 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, or more as needed
- Mozarella di buffala, sliced
For the sauce:
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, mined
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup basil
For the artichoke mix:
- 1 jar roasted artichokes
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 shallot
- Handful of fresh herbs; parsley, basil and arugula
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add shallots, garlic and basil and cook until fragrant. Add diced tomatoes and salt. Once sauce boils, bring to a low simmer.
- In a small saucepan, lightly sauté the artichoke mix and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken breast in half. Pat with paper towel to remove excess liquid. Season chicken thoroughly with salt.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk your eggs, white wine, Italian seasoning and 6 tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Mix breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture. Transfer to breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs into both sides. Repeat for each breast.
- In a deep sauce pan, mix 1 cup olive on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly golden on both sides.
- Place chicken in a baking dish. Top with mozzarella di bufala and tomato sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Smoked Salmon Bites Ingredients
- 340g cream cheese, softened
- 1 green onion
- Fresh dill
- Lemon zest
- Olive oil
- Nanuk Smoked Salmon
- 2 zucchinis, sliced lengthwise
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, green onion, dill and lemon zest.
- Slice zucchinis in half. Add olive oil into a sauce pan, lightly cook the zucchinis on each side. Let cool.
- Lay the smoked salmon on a platter. Add zucchini to the platter, top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with more smoked salmon and drizzle with olive oil.
A Spice Affair: www.aspiceaffair.com
Table 51: www.table51.com
Pastene Canada: www.instagram.com/pastenecanada
The Little House MTL: www.thelittlehousemtl.ca
Iyia Olive Oil: www.alimentsamga.com/product/iyia-olive-oil
Iaco Vino: www.iaco-vino.ca/menicucci-1689
Videographer: Vito Montesano