Hello AMGAvores! A few weeks ago, we had the pleasure of cooking with Sandro Mauro. Sandro hosts an online live cooking show on Facebook called Cooking With Sandro. In this episode, he teaches us how to make delicious veal cutlets with creamy mash potatoes and vegetables. These veal cutlets are ready in a matter of minutes! They can be served with a wide variety of side dishes such as mash potatoes, your favorite vegetables, a salad, and so much more.
Breading and pan-frying veal is a delicious and easy dinner to serve. In addition to being a high-quality protein, veal is also a great source of key nutrients including Vitamin B6 and B12.
- 4 Veal scallopini pieces
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Pat the veal scallopini pieces with a paper towel to remove excess liquid.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and add in a little bit of water. In a third bowl, place the breadcrumbs.
- Coat each piece of veal in the flour mixture, shaking off excess, then coat with egg, followed by the breadcrumbs. Set aside on a sheet tray.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Add in the veal and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side.